Form 2 Product Information
Formlabs’ flagship product: a desktop stereolithography (SLA) 3D printer
Industrial output at a desktop price
Wide library of materials (photopolymer resins)
Designed for professionals with applications across product design, manufacturing, dental, healthcare, education, entertainment, jewelry, and more
- Engineered for precision and designed for reliability, the Form 2 is the gold standard for professional desktop 3D printing.
- Incredible Resolution and Surface Finish: Using industrial-grade stereolithography (SLA) technology, the Form 2’s powerful optical engine delivers laser-sharp prints with spectacular detail.
- Versatile, Functional Prototyping: Our ever-growing library of resins enables functional prototyping for a variety of applications, continually expanding the Form 2’s capabilities across industries.
- Designed for Reliability and Accessibility: The Form 2’s entire print process is designed to be intuitive–from free PreForm software that helps set files up for successful printing to hardware that’s easy for anyone to use.
- Connected Printing: The Form 2 comes with wireless connectivity and a touch-screen display. Upload over Wi-Fi, manage consumables and track your print history through our cloud-based Dashboard tool, and receive notifications when your prints complete.
Form Wash and Form Cure Product Information
- Automated cleaning of parts straight out of the printer.
- Consistently Clean: Form Wash’s rotating impeller agitates isopropyl alcohol (IPA) around every nook and cranny of your parts, getting them perfectly clean–every time.
- Built to Fit the Build Platform: Parts travel straight from the Form 2 to Form Wash; they can stay right on the build platform or be placed in the basket.
- Automated Wash Cycle: Manual washing requires careful attention, as parts left too long in IPA can become warped/deformed. Form Wash automatically raises parts out of IPA when wash time is up. Parts air dry and are ready when you are.
- IPA Calibration: Form Wash can hold up to 8.6 L liters of IPA, enough to wash approximately 70 prints. The hydrometer lets you know when it’s time to change out IPA. A siphon makes it easy to transfer IPA in and out of the wash bucket.
- Maximum mechanical properties for high-performance materials.
- Advanced Heating: Heat control is the key to precise, successful post-curing, carefully scaling temperatures up to 80 °C in the cure chamber.
- Balanced Light: 13 LEDs use 405 nm Light to trigger the post-curing reaction, working with the heater to post-cure parts.
- Uniform Exposure: A rotating turntable, heat flow, and dispersed lights provide uniform exposure during post-curing.
- An Intuitive Interface: It’s easy to set Form Cure’s temperature and post-cure time. For Standard Resins, simply use the default. For all other materials, use recommended settings for optimum performance.
Standard Resins Product Information
Standard Resins are general-purpose SLA materials: quality surface finish, details, and minimal post-processing labor.
- Greyscale(Black, White, Grey): matte, opaque; good base for painting
Gresycale Resins for Prototypes and Models: With a matte surface finish, opaque appearance, and precise details, Black, White, and Grey Resins are ready to use right off the printer. Their neutral undertone also makes a great base for parts that will eventually be painted or undergo other finishing processes.
- Clear: transparent; can see internal channels, polishes well
Clear Resin for Transparent Applications: Stereolithography 3D printing technology makes clear prints possible on the desktop. Clear Resin is great for fluidics and moldmaking, optics, lighting, and any parts requiring translucency.
Jewelry Resins Product Information
Castable Wax Resin
Formlabs’ flagship jewelry resin
20% wax-filled photopolymer for reliable casting and clean burnout
- Castable Wax Resin for Sharp Detail and Clean Casting Every Time: A 20% wax-filled material for reliable casting with zero ash content and clean burnout, Castable Wax Resin accurately captures intricate features and offers the smooth surfaces stereolithography 3D printing is known for. Printed parts are strong enough to handle with no post-cure required, suitable for custom try-ons and direct investment casting.
- Delicate Geometries, High Precision and Accuracy: Castable Wax is recommended for filigree, pavé, and pieces with ornate surface detail with no visible layer lines.
- A Reliable, Efficient Workflow for Easy Burnout: Castable Wax is wax-filled for easy, clean casting.
High Temp Resin
Suitable for creating master models for rubber moldmaking
- High Temp Resin is strong enough to withstand the temperatures and pressures of medium temperature vulcanized rubber molding.
- Use the masters to create molds that produce waxes in quantity for investment casting.
Photopolymer for direct investment
- Our original formulation for direct investment casting. This pure polymer requires an alternate burnout to a typical wax schedule.
High Temp Resin
- High Temp Resin has a heat deflection temperature (HDT) of 289 °C @ 0.45 MPa—the highest on the 3D printing materials market. Use it to print models for environmental testing, or create molds and masters for production processes like casting and thermoforming.
- High Temp has the highest HDT @ 0.45 MPa of all the Engineering Resins. High Temp has low thermal expansion and high tensile modulus, or stiffness.
- Good for: heat resistant fixtures; housing components; hot air and fluid flow; mold prototyping; environmental testing.
- High Temp Resin has an HDT of 289 °C @ 0.45MPa, ideal for static applications that will undergo higher temperatures. Requires post-curing. Available layer heights: 100, 50, and 25 microns.